Want that good dog?
In order for you to have a well behaved dog we have identified 8 commands, when trained, that help you talk your dog through any situation. A dog who has a solid sit is less likely to jump on guests example.
The 8 commands are:
- Heel (follow me, and walk by myside)
- Come (not just for treats, and even under distractions)
- Sit (one word, until released)
- Down (again one word, until released)
- Leave it (leave dogs, the people, the furniture (lol) Leave it means to leave that alone and pay it no attention)
- Go Place-Go to a destined spot. Great when you want to put your dog away, signing for a package, cleaning, having guests over,etc)
- Look at you/focus- Where the eyes are the mind is. If they are looking at you, they are on your level, and with you)
- Stay-Great command to help the dog understand, no matter what I want you to stay right there.
Armed with these 8 commands with or without treats, in any situation, and you can pretty much talk dog, or pattern the perfect dog. We do this with and without treats on one command. Since all dogs learn different, we figure out which method works best, teach the dog, and then teach you/family to reinforce the new command.
Dog training is all about showing the dog what you want vs don’t want. More so it’s teaching you how to teach your dog. This training will change you for life.
Ready to get that good dog? Fill out an application or call us today!